We have a vacancy for an inspector to join the company. The role holder is responsible for performing variety of processes for verification of materials/product components and ensuring that all inspection activities are efficiently carried out in accordance with CTE standard operating procedures and H&S requirements.
• To carry out inspection & testing of materials and components using variety of processes/techniques in accordance with job card instructions, drawings, specifications and relevant quality procedures.
• To accurately interpret component drawings and test procedures so that part numbers, drawing issues, product requirements and special process requirements can be correctly identified and applied.
• To generate inspection reports/non-conformance reports in accordance with company quality policy.
• To record all inspection and testing work in Tricorn system.
• To identify jigs & components using laser marking specified in accordance with job card instructions.
• To handle materials carefully and comply with safety regulations so that components are not damaged, and accidents do not occur due to mishandling.
• To complete work in accordance with required work schedules so that productivity can be maintained at the highest level.
• To liaise with internal personnel, suppliers and customers in the resolution of quality issues.
• To assist in the successful implementation of ongoing company quality programs such as continuous improvement, ISO:9001 QMS etc.
Good standard level of education such as GCSE Maths and English.
Job Specific Skills:
• Experience of using inspection tools such as Verniers and Micrometers
• Knowledge of geometric dimensioning & tolerancing
• Basic computer skills such as Microsoft word and excel
• Experience of using CMM and Liquid Penetrant NDT would be an advantage but not essential as training can be given.
• Attention to detail
• Data Analysis skills
• Team player – with ability to work independently
• Manual Dexterity
• Good visual acuity and ability to differentiate colours used in penetrant testing
• Physical ability to lift and move light to medium weights during inspection activities
Experience in an inspection department would be an advantage, but not essential as training can be given.
If you are interested, or know anyone who may be, please Email your CV to CTE Careers.