We have a vacancy for an Insulation Technician to join the company.
To discuss each job, at the outset, with the supervisor ensuring they have a full understanding of requirements, including timescales and deadlines, quality.
Working to tight tolerances, insulate new or existing parts either directly or by the creation of a removable shield, using thermally insulating materials and an encapsulation skin of thin gauge metallic sheet. (0.1mm)
Preparing materials for the team, including cutting by hand or with a machine, forming materials using appropriate workshop machinery such as fly press, rollers, hydraulic press, air tools and hand tools, spot welders.
Understanding and using existing patterns, templates and technical drawings. Creating new patterns for new jobs.
To be responsible for quality and delivery of parts to agreed standards, based upon the information in the drawings, job card and job pack.
Ensure strict adherence to health and safety guidelines at all times.
Personal requirements for the role.
• Good attention to detail
• Creative and practical minded
• Good hand/eye co-ordination, think in 3D
• Ability to show initiative
• Deadline conscious
• Ability to understand tech drawings (although we will train)
• Show common sense
• Able to follow instruction from supervisor and follow an established process
• Able to work within a small close team